The term "personal data" shall have the meaning ascribed to it by PDPO.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal data collected from you may be used by the Company for:
• identifying you and any accounts you hold with us
• enabling the provision of the Services to you
• conducting identity verification and/or credit checks
• processing of payment instructions or collection of amounts outstanding from you in relation to the provision of the Services
• order processing, billing and fulfilment
• enabling us to store your personal data so you do not have to re-enter it each time you purchase a product
• direct marketing of the Services (see section “Direct Marketing” below)
• direct marketing of the products and services of the Company’s business partners (see section “Direct Marketing” below)
• designing services for you
• conducting research, statistical analysis and behavioral analysis
• conducting program viewership survey and analysis
• customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences
• enabling you to participate in interactive features of our service, including identifying your friends or individuals, and sharing and communicating with them your shopping experience, when you choose to do so
• making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Services or goods and services that may interest you or them
• customising the Company’s website and its content to your particular preferences
• provisioning of customer services
• handling your complaints and account enquiries and handling any claim, action and/or proceedings against the Company or any party
• fraud prevention and detection
• auditing purposes
• making such disclosures as required by applicable laws, rules and regulations
• any other purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Types of personal data collected by the Company may include, without limitation:
1. Your personal information and contact information such as your name, gender, date of birth, identity card number, telephone number, social media contact, email address, residential address, mailing address, and billing address;
2. Your business information such as company name and business title;
3. Your account details, including first and last 4 digits of credit card account numbers, or user accounts;
4. Your household income range, and personal interest;
5. IP address, real-time geographic location data, browser settings, browsing records, and/or other Internet log information of your computer or mobile device; and
6. Telephone numbers and email addresses, when you choose to participate in interactive features of our service. In this case we will have informed you when you access to our service and by providing that data to us.
CONFIDENTIALITY, DISCLOSURE AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
The Company does not trade your personal information and contact information for gain without your written consent. All personal data collected and held by the Company will be kept confidential, but where disclosure is necessary for the Company to comply with any statutory obligations or requirements, or for the Company to provide the Services to you or to carry out the original purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the personal data were collected, those data may be provided to the following parties (whether within or outside Hong Kong):
• Competent court of law, law enforcement agencies, or other governmental or statutory authorities, institutions or organisations;
• Company’s associated companies, contractors, agents, sellers or suppliers of the goods/services, or other service operators, who are involved in the sale and marketing, administration or provision of the Services;
• Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including a member of its group of companies, IT consultants, data processors, auditors, accountants, or lawyers, which has undertaken to keep such information confidential; and
• Banks, financial institutions, credit card issuing companies or debt collection agencies.
Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than personal data sent or posted to our website, or any part of the site by you will be considered as voluntarily provided to the Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis. We reserve the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish and/or post elsewhere such information freely, including passing it to any associated company for example, in connection with the development and marketing of services and to meet user needs.
All reasonable efforts are made to ensure that any personal data held by the Company is stored in a secure and safe place.
All personal data which we collect is kept confidential to the best of our ability. You will appreciate however, that we cannot guarantee the security of transmission.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE HONG KONG
If necessary, the Company may transfer the personal data to places outside the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for carrying out the purposes, or the directly related purposes, for which the personal data were collected. All the transfer of those personal data will be carried out in compliance with the requirements of the PDPO.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party. We shall have no liability to you for any loss or damage in this regard.
Unless there is a mandatory legal requirement for us to keep your personal data for a specified period, we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data were originally collected.
The Company intends to use the personal data collected from you in direct marketing and the Company requires your consent for that purpose. Your name, telephone number, email address, contact address, social media contact, products and service portfolio information, transaction pattern and behavior, browsing records, content viewing habits, and personal interest held by the Company may be used by the Company in direct marketing of the Services and the following classes of products or services offered by the Company’s business partners or the registered merchants of Major Cellar.
We may contact you by mail, telephone, social media, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, email. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time by updating your preferences through your registered account or a unsubscribe link provided. Upon receipt of your request, we shall cease to so use your personal data without charge to you.
• recognise you whenever you visit this website
• obtain information about your preferences, viewing and browsing behavior, online movements and use of the Internet
• keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process
• carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our Services and to help us better understand our visitor and customer requirements and interests
• target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our business partners and advertisers more effectively by providing interest-based advertisements that are personalised to your interests
• make your online experience more efficient and enjoyable
• enable tighter security
DATA ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Last Updated: 18 DEC 2018